Toothache/Pain FAQs – North Carolina
Did you wake up with a mysterious pain in your mouth? Troutman Family Dentistry can help you! Almost everyone has experienced tooth pain at some point in life. If you have a toothache, don’t delay in getting an appointment.
There are numerous reasons why you might be feeling achy, and our Dentist will be able to pinpoint exactly what’s going on. We work to get to know each of our patients and develop long-term relationships with them, helping them feel comfortable when they come to visit us for care. Our general dentists serve the greater Mebane, NC area and offer our expert dental care services to you and your family. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call today! 919-563-5939
What are the Causes of ToothAche/Pain?
- Dental Decay
- Tooth Fracture
- Tooth Infection And Abscess
- Gum Disease And Infection
- A Damaged Filling
- An Ill-Fitting Crown
- Grinding Your Teeth
- Root exposure (gum recession)
- Cracked tooth syndrome
- Bruxism (clenching and grinding your teeth)
- Inflamed or infected pulp (the nerve of the tooth)
Contact Us and Schedule an Appointment Troutman Family Dentist Mebane NC Family, General & Cosmetic
What are the Common Toothache Symptoms?
- Shooting Pain
- Sharp Or Throbbing Pain
- Pain That Only Occurs When Pressure Is Applied To The Tooth
- Unpleasant Taste
- Sore, Swollen Gums
- Fever, Headache, Or General Malaise
When Should I See a Dentist?
Any time you experience Dental Sensitivity or Pain, you should see a Dentist. Here are other signs you need to see your Dentist:
- Bleeding gums
- Chronic bad breath
- Jaw/face swelling
- Earache and jaw pain
- Chronic headaches
How Can I Reduce The Risk of a Toothache?
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems.
- Brush thoroughly 2-3 times a day
- Floss daily
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugary snacks
- Use dental products that contain fluoride
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
What are Your Dental Services?
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Whitening
- Night Guards & Mouth Guards
- TMJ Treatments
- and More!
- Request an Appointment: Troutman Family Dentist Mebane NC Family, General & Cosmetic
- Meet Our Doctors: Troutman Family Dentist Mebane NC Family, General & Cosmetic
- Patient Information: Patient Information – Troutman Family Dentistry
Call Troutman Family Dentistry Today!
At Troutman Family Dentistry, it’s our goal to provide enjoyable patient experiences with a focus on oral health promotion and disease prevention. We believe in conservative, comprehensive dentistry while encouraging our patients to play an active role in their dental health. Through co-diagnosis and collaborative treatment planning, we’re proud to offer personalized care for each patient.
Call To Schedule a Visit – We Look Forward To Hearing From You! 919-563-5939
SERVICE AREA: North Carolina