Tips for maintaining a white smile after teeth whiteningTo keep your smile looking its best after teeth whitening, follow these tips:
- Brush and floss regularly: Brushing and flossing regularly can help prevent staining and keep your teeth looking white.
- Use a straw: Using a straw can help prevent beverages from coming into contact with your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth: After eating or drinking anything that could potentially stain your teeth, rinse your mouth with water.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental cleanings can help remove any surface stains and keep your teeth looking white.
Foods and Beverages to Avoid After Teeth Whitening FAQs
What Should I Avoid Eating And Drinking After Teeth Whitening?For the first 48 to 72 hours after your teeth whitening treatment, it’s best to avoid foods and beverages that can stain your teeth. This includes:
- Coffee and tea: These beverages are known to cause staining, so it’s best to avoid them for a few days after your treatment.
- Red wine: Red wine is notoriously staining, so it’s best to avoid it for at least 72 hours after your whitening treatment.
- Dark-colored sodas: Dark-colored sodas like cola can cause staining as well, so it’s best to avoid them after teeth whitening.
- Berries: Berries like blueberries and blackberries can cause staining, so it’s best to avoid them for a few days after your whitening treatment.
- Sauces with dark pigments: Sauces like soy sauce and tomato sauce can cause staining, so it’s best to avoid them for a few days after your whitening treatment.
What Should I Eat And Drink After Teeth Whitening?After the first few days, you can start incorporating these foods and beverages back into your diet:
- Water: Water is always a good choice, but it’s especially important after teeth whitening. Drinking plenty of water can help flush out any pigments that may have stained your teeth.
- Milk: Milk is a good source of calcium, which can help strengthen your teeth. Plus, it’s not likely to cause staining.
- White wine: If you’re a wine drinker, opt for white wine instead of red for a few days after your whitening treatment.
- Light-colored sodas: If you must have a soda, choose a light-colored one like lemon-lime or clear soda.
- White meat: Stick to white meats like chicken and fish for a few days after your whitening treatment.
Why Do I Need To Avoid Certain Foods And Beverages After Teeth Whitening?After a professional teeth whitening treatment, your teeth are more susceptible to staining. Certain foods and beverages can easily stain your teeth, causing them to lose their brightness.
What Are The Benefits Of Professional Teeth Whitening?Professional teeth whitening at Troutman Family Dentistry in Burlington, NC has many benefits, including:
- Fast results: Professional teeth whitening can provide results in as little as one visit.
- Long-lasting: Professional teeth whitening can last for up to two years with proper care.
- Customizable: Our team can customize your teeth whitening treatment to meet your specific needs and goals.
- Safe: Professional teeth whitening is safe and effective when performed by a trained dental professional.
Foods and Beverages to Avoid After Teeth Whitening – Resources
- Dental Services: Our Dental Services – Troutman Family Dentistry
- Meet Our Doctors: Meet Our Doctors – Troutman Family Dentistry
- Patient Information: Patient Information – Troutman Family Dentistry
Effect of bleaching on tooth discolouration from food colourant in vitro: Effect of bleaching on tooth discolouration from food colourant in vitro